collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86091
  • stats Total Topics: 14746
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Nassau County Long Island NY Forensic Scientist I-IV (FIREARMS/TOOLMARKS/ BALLIS  (Read 8682 times)

Offline Bill Wheatley

• AFTE Friend
  • NRA Life Member
http://www.aafs.org/employment/2011-03-04/forensic-scientist-i-iv-firearmstoolmarks-ballistics

Forensic Scientist I-IV (FIREARMS/TOOLMARKS/ BALLISTICS)
Forensic Scientist I-IV (FIREARMS/TOOLMARKS/ BALLISTICS)
Organization Name: Nassau County Medical Examiner Office Department of Laboratories
Post date: 03/18/2011
TYPICAL DUTIES

Performs complex examinations on clothing, bedding and other surfaces for the presence of gunshot residues or powder patterns.

Performs complex examinations and comparisons of firearms, bullets, shells, casings and other related weapons, and determines and records physical parameters using measuring projections, micrometers and other equipment.

Performs complex tool mark examinations.

Disassembles, reassembles, makes safe and tests firearms to determine their operability, safety and accuracy.

Performs data entry of firearms related data and images of fired evidence ammunition components into a computerized digital imaging system and is responsible for the management of database records.

Performs complex chemical restoration of obliterated serial numbers and other markings on weapons.

Meets with attorneys, investigators and other related personnel regarding approaches to analysis and results in pretrial conferences.

Participates in scientific meetings, seminars, and other training as assigned.

Interprets test results, keeps records of observations and notes, and issues reports of test results.

Testifies in court regarding laboratory analyses and the significance of the results as required.

Performs housekeeping tasks as required, including maintaining firearms related supplies and reference materials.

Responsible for the inventory, maintenance, storage, and disposition of evidence.

Qualifications:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Forensic Scientist I)

Graduation from a New York State or regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree or higher in a natural science, a forensic science, an engineering science, or criminalistics;

OR

Graduation from a New York State or regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree or higher, which must have included at least twelve (12) credit hours in one of the natural sciences, forensic sciences or engineering sciences, with one (1) year of full-time or its part-time equivalent experience in a forensic laboratory which must have included the examination of firearms;

OR

Satisfactory completion of one (1) year as a Forensic Scientist Trainee with Firearms/Toolmarks/Ballistic specialty;

OR

An equivalent combination of training and experience that is defined by the limits of (1) and (2) above.

*Applications submitted with less than the minimum qualifications will not be considered.

Other Information/How to Apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV and unofficial transcript to kdooling@nassaucountyny.gov

Contact Name: Karen Dooling
Contact Address:
2251 Hempstead Turnpike Building R. East Meadow, NY 11554
Contact Fax: 516-572-5181
Contact Email: kdooling@nassaucountyny.gov
Application Deadline: Wed, 05/04/2011
(908) 797-6553
factsgroup@comcast.net
wwheatley@essexsheriff.com
 :tank:11B1PQ6

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts