PUBLIC Forums > AFTE 2008

Request for Assistance AFTE 08 Prizes

<< < (2/2)

Chris Monturo:
Bill,

How about having a color copy of the front of the books being offered in lieu of the actual book.  that way Ray could ship directly from thier office.  Shipping from the states via "media" rate shouldn't be too bad.

Carrying them (or shipping) them to/from Hawaii is expensive and unnecessary.

Additionally, with the recent restrictions on checked luggage weight and number of pieces, i think space and weight will be at a premium.  Delta just informed me that I am limited to one piece of checked luggage with a max weight of 50 lbs (i think).  I'm going to be pressed to fit 10 days worth of clothes in one bag.  An extra 10# book would put me over in the return flight and cost an additional fee.

My $0.02.

Regards,
Chris

Richard Hitchcox:
Bill,

I think Chris has a very good idea.  It seems to me that it would be better if no one had to ship or pack the books more than once.

I believe that this is an idea worthy of serious consideration.

Richard

Bill Wheatley:
Thanks guys.  I'll check with Larry from Ray Riling.  That is exactly what we are doing with the firearms; just a picture/description and it will be shipped from the manufacturer to the winners FFL of choice.

Richard Hitchcox:
Bill,

My offer to contribute to cover $50 and possibly more of the shipping costs still stands regardless of how the shipping is handled.

I think Chris' idea is probably the best way to go as long as it is agreeable to all parties involved.

Richard

Bill Wheatley:
I would like to thank the overwhelming number of members that contacted me to volunteer to transport books to Hawaii, but your assistance is no longer required.  Larry Riling from Ray Riling Books graciously offered to cover the shipping cost to Hawaii.  Again, I would like to thank all the AFTE members that were willing to help our organization.

WW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version