collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86103
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: RS & A, Inc. Firearms Examiner Training Academy  (Read 6681 times)

Offline Ron Smith

• AFTE Friend
RS & A, Inc. Firearms Examiner Training Academy
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:29:47 PM »
To all my AFTE friends.

Back in October of 2017 I sent out an email to crime lab directors asking if they would be interested in having a second highly structured, professionally managed Firearms Examiner Training Academy, to compliment what has been available for years. We are completing our third National Latent Print Examiner Training Academy in a couple of weeks, with another one slated to begin this October. We know how to train and how to manage academies. The email I sent out generated over 60 positive responses from crime lab directors who just can't seem to find enough training opportunities for their trainees, without having to take full time analysts off the bench.  Based upon the number of position openings I see on this forum, the need is ever increasing.   Since that time I have been working diligently to find an appropriate location to host an acacdemy and am making progress on that front. It is  quite a logistical hurdle to climb over but doable.  My vision is to build an academy designed completely under the direction and guidance of AFTE members to insure that the students get exactly what they need, no less and no more. I will be with you at the AFTE conference in Charleston and I very much look forward to speaking with as many of you as possible. I am going to pick your brain so be prepared! If you have any advance questions feel free to call me toll free at 866-832-6772 or email me at ron@ronsmithandassociates.com  May God Bless!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:34:47 PM by Ron Smith »

Offline Justine Kreso

• AFTE Member
Re: RS & A, Inc. Firearms Examiner Training Academy
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:32:20 AM »
That's great news!  We have previously had two of our Latent Print Examiner's go through your academy and I know it helped significantly with their training.
Justine Kreso
Onondaga County Center for Forensic Sciences
Syracuse, NY

Offline Erica Lawton

• Board of Directors
Re: RS & A, Inc. Firearms Examiner Training Academy
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you Ron!
Erica Lawton
Mobile Regional Lab
Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences
251-479-2322