PUBLIC Forums > Firearm Identification

Fired Cartridge Case Error Rate Study

(1/2) > >>

aagosto:
Hi and Greetings
 I have been reading the results obtained by the study of: Fired Cartridge Case Error Rate Study by Dr. David P. Baldwin sponsored by the Defense Forensic Office and will be carried out by the Midwest Forensics Resource Center (MFRC) at the Ames Laboratory USDOE. I would like to know your opinions about the results of those who were participants. :-00

Aaron Brudenell:
Results look like more good stuff for us--I remember the test was good. 

I even gave the samples to a trainee to work for practice but they were never going to publish the ground truth results so all we could do is compare our answers.

Jim Hamby:
Hi all, I was also a participant in this study. The test was properly constructed (in my opinion) and the results are of value to our science. Jim

copdoc:
Hi Jim
I was going to email or PM but since I am no longer a member I don't have access. Email one day if you have a chance.  Mods Ok to delete this after Jim see it.
Jim
Major Jim Evans, MD  formerly NCSBI

Jim Hamby:
Hi Jim, Good to hear from you. What are you doing now that you've left NCSBI? I am winding down and should be totally retired by mid-2016 (I'll be 75 then). Still doing some research and attending AFTE (next years meeting is in New Orleans and you don't have to be a member to attend). Best of luck to you, the other Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version