collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86098
  • stats Total Topics: 14746
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Found: AFTE 2015 Challenge Coin (From Thursday Night)  (Read 7521 times)

Offline Skip Richardson

• Amateur Stamp Collector
  • AFTE Member
Found: AFTE 2015 Challenge Coin (From Thursday Night)
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:23:27 PM »
Hi All,

I discovered an AFTE 2015 challenge coin on the floor of the common area outside of the room that the banquet was held in on Thursday evening.  I picked it up and it's currently sitting on my desk.

I figured that I'd post up to see if anybody recalls losing their coin before the banquet on Thursday.  I'd be more than happy to send it out if the owner identifies himself/herself. 

I realize that it's not a Rolex or a diamond escaped from its setting, but I always try to do the right thing when possible...

Thanks!!

Offline Lynn Skoglund

• AFTE Member
Re: Found: AFTE 2015 Challenge Coin (From Thursday Night)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 12:46:09 PM »
My co-worker and I never received a challenge coin in our bag.  We thought they didn't have them this year!

Offline tgoetz

• AFTE Friend
Re: Found: AFTE 2015 Challenge Coin (From Thursday Night)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 01:27:34 PM »
I retained my coin.  However, on the very last day, somewhere between the morning machine gun class (Parisan?) room and placing bags in concierge storage, I lost my AFTE book that did not have my name or return to info in it although it had numerous notes as well as loose pages of notes :( .  I became aware of it being gone when I sat down to Tom Neeb (Far East room) going over Hi Point info and thought "I must have packed it." A quick glance into my packed bags when super shuttle arrived 30 mins early, revealed a black spiral.  Relief set in at that time but despair violently ( :'( ) returned as I was unpacking conference contents at work and I realized it was the Glock book from the armorer's course.
The lost and found at the Fairmont did not have it so my only hope is that an attendee picked it up and is waiting for the guilty party to put out a plea.  Being a first time attendee, non-member of AFTE (for now), and a novice of this site, it appears I can't posit this dilema myself so I apologize for interjecting it into your thread but didn't know what else to do.
Should someone know of this missing AFTE 2015 spiral bound book with no contact info and notes, please email tgoetz@nd.gov.
Thanks.

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal