collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86092
  • stats Total Topics: 14746
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: BALLISTICS HELP NEEDED ON 1918 MASSACRE SITE  (Read 8826 times)

Offline flatbilly

• AFTE Friend
BALLISTICS HELP NEEDED ON 1918 MASSACRE SITE
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:48:40 PM »

Greetings,

I am an archeologist in Alpine, Texas seeking someone qualified in ballistic forensic work to assist in an analysis of artifacts from a 100 year old massacre site.

In 1918, Texas Rangers and armed vigilantes murdered 15 Hispanic men from the village of Porvenir in the Texas Big Bend, probably in retribution for the recent raid on the nearby Brite Ranch. Although the Ranger troop was disbanded, no one was ever charged in the case and it fell between the cracks of history.

See:  https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/jcp02

More recently, one of the survivors (he was 14 or so at the time) revealed the massacre site location which had been lost to history. Over the course of several visits, we collected a number of bullets, bullet fragments, bullet jacket fragments, and cartridge casings.

The big surprise was that the majority of the cartridges (and bullets) seemed to be from the U.S. military which had not been previously implicated.

In any case, there are a total of 42 such artifacts that have been collected and I am seeking someone qualified in forensic work to assist in an analysis of the artifacts. I think there is a lot that they can tell us, but they have not been examined yet by any forensic experts.

I am hoping to engage someone experienced in forensic work and, ideally, with historic materials to examine these artifacts and produce a short report of findings.

The project is on a shoestring budget and so cost is a factor but we may be able to scale the deliverables accordingly.

Please respond here or email me at flatbilly2@gmail.com

Thanks!

Offline flatbilly

• AFTE Friend
Re: BALLISTICS HELP NEEDED ON 1918 MASSACRE SITE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 10:47:53 AM »
Thanks for all the interest and inquiries. I have found someone to conduct the analysis for my project. I am leaving the posting up for now for the possibility of networking and discussion.

Thanks!

Offline Justine Kreso

• AFTE Member
Re: BALLISTICS HELP NEEDED ON 1918 MASSACRE SITE
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 11:13:57 AM »
Sounds like an interesting case.  After the analysis is complete it may be a worthwhile case study to submit to the AFTE Journal or present at the Annual Training Seminar.
Justine Kreso
Onondaga County Center for Forensic Sciences
Syracuse, NY

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal