collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86104
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Potential Employment Opportunities for a UK Citizen  (Read 5146 times)

Offline Neveen Karim

• AFTE Friend
Potential Employment Opportunities for a UK Citizen
« on: September 20, 2016, 02:06:17 PM »
Hi all,

Just a quick message from across the pond regarding any possibilities of employment for a young professional near London.

I have a Bachelors with Honours in Forensic Science (accredited by the UK Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences) and am currently working towards an MSc by Research in Defence and Security. The focus of my research is ammunition analysis, however I am keen not to pigeon-hole myself and would like a career in firearm examination and classification.

It is more difficult to obtain relevant placements in the UK, however I have been fortunate enough to volunteer (and continue to do so) with two companies.

If anybody has information that they feel may be useful, I'd be hugely grateful. Please find below my LinkedIn profile which has the details of my education and experience.

Warmest regards, (cheerio!)

Neveen

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/neveenak

Offline Michael Haag

• Board of Directors
    • Forensic Science Consultants
Re: Potential Employment Opportunities for a UK Citizen
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 09:37:05 AM »
It was great to meet you at the class in Lincolnshire.  Clearly you have a great deal of enthusiasm for the work.
If you need names of some friends who came from abroad to work in the US in FA TM, let me know.  They would be far more educated on the process than I am.  I do know that most US agencies would be interested only if your work papers were already in place.   Good luck!

shootingscene@gmail.com
michael.haag@comcast.net
(505) 823-4256

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal