collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 90
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86089
  • stats Total Topics: 14745
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Las Vegas Metro PD is HIRING!!!!!!!!  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Anya

• AFTE Member
Las Vegas Metro PD is HIRING!!!!!!!!
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
I have some FANTASTIC news!  We posted this morning to fill our anticipated THREE Forensic Scientist I/II vacancies!  As of the end of this month we will have one vacancy and will be hiring ONE person for sure, and we have been approved to hire TWO MORE after July 1st!!!!

To qualify for the FSI level, you only need ONE YEAR of full time Forensic Scientist/Firearms Examiner experience and for the FSII, THREE YEARS of experience is required.

Our annual starting salaries are very competitive ($69,388.80 for FSII and $62,857.56 for FSI) and our TOP OUTS are high ($102,731.16 for FSII and $93,059.16 for FSI) and our benefits include the following:

-A nine hour work schedule, with nine work days every two weeks
-3 weeks of annual vacation; 104 hours of annual sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year
-3 bonus shifts per year if no more than 3 days of sick leave are used; two personal holidays per year
-Overtime pay at a rate of 1 1/2 times the gross hourly rate or compensatory time available
-Direct deposit of paychecks; deferred compensation plan is available
-Nevada has no state income tax and employees do not pay social security taxes
-Health, vision, and dental insurance is available for employees and their dependents beginning at date of hire at competitive rates
-Police Employee Assistance Program is a counseling and referral service for employees and their families at no cost to employees

In ADDITION to all of this,

Las Vegas has over 300 days of sunshine per year, unparalleled entertainment and dining, and year-round outdoor recreation!  Quite honestly, I'm from Michigan originally and the weather here alone was worth the move.  It's awesome to live here in Vegas and I’ve been here for ten years now.  Our agency is a combined city and county agency and we currently have three Firearms Examiners.  With the addition of three more, we will be fully staffed at six!  We also have a NIBIN squad which currently consists of four members and will possibly be increased to six in the near future.

We are growing at an unprecedented rate and getting a lot of support and attention from our department as a whole.  It’s a GREAT time to join me, Kathy Geil, Roy Wilcox and our manager James Krylo as we move our Firearms Detail forward!!!

If you have ANY QUESTIONS, please feel free to contact me, Kathy or Roy (contact info below or 702-828-3959).  We will all be at AFTE next week if you would like more info.  Look for our flyer in your welcome packet!!!!

To access the the postings go to:
LVMPD.com
Click on “Employment” in the upper right
Click on “Open Competitive Opportunities” on the left
Scroll down to the bottom

Check out our super cool Laboratory YouTube recruitment video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU3SFYZHivY

Don't forget, last day to apply is June 7th, 2017!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:28:59 AM by Anya »

Offline Jim Krylo

• Past President
Re: Las Vegas Metro PD is HIRING!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 01:02:20 PM »
This is fantastic news - thanks Anya!

Here's another tidbit of info from the management side.  Civilian employees are slated to get a 2% COLA on July 1st. And, as a new-hire you receive your first merit increase after six months and then you get your second merit increase on your one year anniversary.  Two raises in your first year!

Check it out and contact us if you have any questions.

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal