PUBLIC Forums > Training Seminars

Machining for the Firearm Examiner Class

(1/2) > >>

Chris Monturo:
Precision Forensic Testing is offering a two day on-site Machining for the Firearm Examiner class.  The class is a combination of lecture and hands on which further explores the topics discussed.  All of the major manufacturing techniques are discussed and evaluation of class, subclass, and individual characteristics are explored.  Topics include: milling, lathe, broaching, EDM, grinding, and rifling techniques such as hammer forging, button, ECM, and broaching.
For more information, visit: https://www.precisionforensictesting.com/collections/training-for-firearm-examiners
You can also e-mail:  mailto:orders@precisionforensictesting.com

Chris

Stacey Phetteplace:
I bet this is a great class, Chris. Our agency is on the second half of our biennium budget, so no more funding for another year.  :(
I will keep this is mind for the future though.

Chris Monturo:

I'm not sure where you are in relation to Houston, but they will be hosting a class in early 2019.  Contact Jill Dupre for information.

Thanks,
Chris

Jill Dupre:
UPDATE:  The Houston Forensic Science Center will be hosting the Chris Monturo "Machining for the Firearm Examiner" class in Houston, Texas, January 15-16, 2018.  The cost will be $450.00/person for the two day hands on class.  There are 19 available spots.

A registration form with hotel information will be forthcoming.  There are two airports that fly into Houston - Bush International (north of downtown Houston) and Hobby International (south of downtown Houston).

Jill Dupre:
Correction - it should read January 15-16, 2019.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version