collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 85737
  • stats Total Topics: 14731
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: 3D Technology Demo  (Read 5686 times)

Offline edsmith

• AFTE Member
3D Technology Demo
« on: October 02, 2019, 04:11:13 PM »

On November 6, 2019, 3D toolmark topography technologies suitable for the firearms and toolmarks discipline will be on display at Quantico to educate practitioners and administrators about their utility in a forensic laboratory. This meeting will focus on laboratories considering obtaining and implementing a 3D technology, as well as laboratories with an instrument interested in learning about the implementation process. Additionally, presentations will be given by the FBI/NIST 3D2TWG about their goals and direction for generating proposed Standards and guidelines. Vendors will have areas to showcase their instruments and present to attendees.  Anyone is welcome to attend, and possible support for travel may be made available through NIJ. Attendees should email firearms@fbi.gov and identify if they have an instrument, are looking to purchase an instrument, and if they need travel assistance from NIJ. For those Laboratories that have the capability to attend with their agency support should email firearms@fbi.gov with full name, DOB, POB, employer, position and SS# by 10/22/19.

Offline Stuart Jacobson

• AFTE Member
Re: 3D Technology Demo
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
If anyone is attending and has their own car I'm looking for a way from the hotel to the demo.  If not maybe someone wants to share a cab?

Offline William Best

• AFTE Member
Re: 3D Technology Demo
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 11:30:36 AM »
I rented an F-150 or equivalent.  Not sure if i got the regular or bigger cab.  I wasnt all about trying to uber onto a military base or the 45 minutes to and from the airport.

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal