collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86101
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Shooting Incident Reconstruction (SIR) Course - Bend Oregon - June 13-17 2022  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Michael Haag

• Board of Directors
    • Forensic Science Consultants
A five (5) day class has been scheduled for:  June 13-17, 2022.

The course will be hosted by the Bend Police Department, Oregon.   
I have been to this town many times, and it is a prime destination if you enjoy friendly people, great beer, and wonderful scenery.  If you like the outdoors, add a few days on with friends and family.   

Attached to this post is the flyer for the course, as well as a syllabus for this five (5) day/40-hour course. 
Additionally, a registration form has been attached to this post for your use.   If you have more than one person coming from your agency, you can use the same form for everyone.
Please be aware that from the 30-day mark before class, there are no refunds as most government agencies are not able to push paperwork through to fill these few spots on such short notice.

I know this announcement has come out a bit close to our start date, but please appreciate that the hosts and I have gone through quite a bit to make this happen in the current environment.

cell/text:       505 401-6225
 email:           Michael.haag@comcast.net
 web:             www.forensicfirearms.com
 Facebook:        Forensic Science Consultants

Added notes:

The Pacific Northwest IAI conference will be in Bend the following week, and there will be a practical, shooting reconstruction course and test that will allow you to test your skills. This is not only an opportunity to say you have tested yourself to a level greater than the professional standard, and an opportunity to use skills acquired the week before at the SIR class, but it is also an opportunity to participate in a black box study that will be published with regard to the accuracy and precision of trajectory measurements.

There is still a chance this course may fall through due to range issues, but I am 90% sure we will be good to go.  If the course is cancelled, any turions will of course be refunded

I have just retired, after 25 years, from the Albuquerque Crime Lab, and will be providing SIR courses more regularly.  If you are interested in hosting a course, now is a good time to talk about what facilities and needs you may have.  Email or give me a call if you wish to discuss!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 01:40:11 PM by Michael Haag »
shootingscene@gmail.com
michael.haag@comcast.net
(505) 823-4256

Offline Dan Alessio

• Board of Directors
Bend is also home to Nosler.  We have toured their facility in the past and could potentially set something up if there is interest.

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal