collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2016
  • stats Total Posts: 67997
  • stats Total Topics: 11960
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 61
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Books for Sale - Rare First Editions  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Ron Nichols

• AFTE Member
    • Nichols Forensic Science Consulting
Books for Sale - Rare First Editions
« on: September 23, 2004, 02:49:54 PM »
Hi all,

I am looking to cull out some of the books from the collection that has been increasing in size over the last couple of years and wanted to offer them to the membership.

Textbook of Small Arms 1909 - first edition; spine worn at corners and first couple of pages are present but separated from binding; this book is published in Engand and is a book of the British and European Small Arms

Textbook of Small Arms 1929 - first edition; ends of spine and corners a bit worn; this is an update of the above 1909 book

(These textbooks are the original editions, not the facsimile reprints that are currently available.)

Textbook of Firearms Investigation, Identification and Evidence with Textbook of Pistols and Revolvers - Hatcher; 1935 printing, Small-Arms Technical Publishing -very good condition

Colt's SAA Post War Models - George Garton; first edition with dust jacket; very good condition; signed by author

Two volumes of documents from the Canadian Military Headquarters. The volumes consist of pictures and references of pistols, rifles, and machine carbines. They were previously classified as secret. Covers of each of the volumes are stamped downgraded to unclassified with a date of 1945.

I do not have a firm price for the books, but would prefer to sell as a group. I have a real good idea of the worth of the Textbooks published in England, Hatcher's book and the Colt book. I researched them on bibliofind and Ray Riling's site. The Canadian documents had a purchase price of $80.00 for the two volumes, but I have no way of ascertaining a value for them via the traditional means.

However, I am not necessarily looking for those prices. So, if you would like to give these a good home, let me know which ones you would like and we can come up with a fair price. The more I can find a good home for in one shot, the better! I will be happy to send photos.

Ron Nichols

thenicholsare@comcast.net or,

ronald.nichols@atf.gov
Ron Nichols
Firearms and Toolmark Examiner
Nichols Forensic Science Consulting
Antioch, CA

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide