collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2379
  • stats Total Posts: 86461
  • stats Total Topics: 14835
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Masters Student looking for employment  (Read 12713 times)

Offline bruiser90

• AFTE Friend
Masters Student looking for employment
« on: May 02, 2009, 01:28:04 PM »
I have recently graduated from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville Tx with a degree in forensic science. I am looking for a position as a firearms trainee. I worked as an intern for the Harris County Regional Crime lab in Houston. While there I was able to help with case work up, imput test fires into IBIS and get about 60 hours working with the comparison microscope. I have attached my resume. I would appreciate any help with future postings.

Any information anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated

Jeffrey Kelly
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:11:46 PM by bruiser90 »

Offline Calvin Story

• AFTE Friend
  • Tiki-Man Kayak
Re: Masters Student looking for employment
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 11:11:29 AM »
Jeffrey
The Texas Department of Public Safety has asked the State Legislature (now in session) for 10 new Firearms Examiner Positions. If these new FTE's are give to us, some or all of the new positions will be posted sometime around the 1st of September. You are certainly welcome to contact me/us at 512-424-2902 if you desire further information. We do almost all of our training in the Austin Headquarters lab and then the new Examiners are sent to their permanent assigned labs. DPS is currently in the planning stage (money already approved) to establish 2 new Firearms Examiners in the DPS Houston lab and 2 more in the DPS Corpus Christi Lab. No Examiners have been hired for these locations.
Calvin Story
Our Second Amendment is America's original Homeland Security provision

Cal Story
Texas DPS, Austin

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal