collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86098
  • stats Total Topics: 14746
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Yuma Proving Ground Forensic Firearm Tests 2004  (Read 15261 times)

Offline Scott Doyle

• AFTE Member
    • An Introduction to Forensic Firearms Identification
Yuma Proving Ground Forensic Firearm Tests 2004
« on: September 29, 2004, 01:12:52 AM »
The 13th Annual Yuma Proving Ground Forensic Firearms Test Session will occur on Dec. 3rd, 2004.Learn more by clicking here

Offline Scott Doyle

• AFTE Member
    • An Introduction to Forensic Firearms Identification
Yuma Reminder
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 10:07:24 PM »
To all interested in the YPG Forensic Test Session;

This is just a reminder that the 2004 YPG Forensic Test session is fast approaching.  Dec. 3rd is about 3 weeks.  If you plan to attend at all you must have let Bill Morris know before Thanks Giving, if you are a new attendee  or have moved or changed jobs, you have to have provided him with current security information by then.  He will also need a list of firearms and ammunition from anyone bringing them onto the base by Nov. 23rd as well.  AZMorris@AOL.com

If you are doing an experiment be sure you have all necessary information to me by Nov. 23rd as well.  For those doing radar I will need: Caliber, Firearm, departure angle, ammo make, code #, lot #,bullet type, bullet weight (grains), bullet weight (grams), bullet diameter (mm), expected muzzle velocity and time of flight.  I will also need to know what fixtures you will need constructed at YPG to make your experiment work so we can let the carpenters there know in advance.  James.Roberts@mail.co.ventura.ca.us

If you are doing photo work I will need Caliber and firearm, type of test (ejection, ricochet, impact, etc.) as well as fixture info. We will be asking all Photo experimenters to try to cut their experiments to about 12 shots or less to allow as many people to work as possible. If we have additional time we will then go back to pick up additional shots for those that want them. We only have 1/2 the time to work this year and more requests for camera time than we can fit.  Please have all of your equipment and materials ready and your plan to put them up ready as well, so that we can shorten setup time to a minimum.

Jim

James L. Roberts
Firearm & Toolmark Examiner
Ventura Co. Sheriff's Lab
800 S. Victoria Ave.
Ventura, CA. 93009

(805) 654-2308

James.Roberts@mail.co.ventura.ca.us

Offline Jim Roberts

• AFTE Member
YPG Postponed :(
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 04:51:18 PM »
Bill Morris just received this message from the Yuma Proving Ground:

"Can we postpone the DPS event?  We had two major efforts thrown at us (one being a war effort program) that are going to gobble up all our radar and high-speed video assets.  I was told that the following week may be ok but because we won't know for sure what the schedule will be like until two weeks out I would recommend waiting until our schedulers give us the green light."

Bill has advised them that we will defer to their priorities. We understand that this my cause some of you difficulty, we hope not but it can not be avoided.  Supporting our troops and the war effort have to be given first consideration.  We will reschedule as quickly as we can.  If it is not the following week, I suspect, with the holidays coming up, it will be after the first of the year.

Sorry for the short notice, but it could not be avoided.
I wish each of you an enjoyable Thanksgiving,

Jim

James L. Roberts
Firearm & Toolmark Examiner
800 S. Victoria Ave.
Jim Roberts
Firearm & Toolmarks Section

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide