collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86086
  • stats Total Topics: 14745
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Comparison Microscope for sale.  (Read 13442 times)

Offline Cardinal

• AFTE Friend
Comparison Microscope for sale.
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »

For sale is this late 1970's Leitz Large forensic Comparison Microscope. I purchased this scope at a local RCMP auction. Let me start by saying I'm not in the forensic field, but I had this scope serviced and inspected March 2010. The technician setup the scope and said it worked very nice, I can forward his report to anyone interested. The scope has many attachments as pictured, the flat black plates are for documents or fabric. I can try and take a picture for the scope in use, either viewing hair or slugs? I will offer a full refund if you are not happy and split the return shipping cost with the buyer if you ask for a refund. I have been a trusted Ebay member on since 2001 under the User Name "Nymph-Fisher". I have considered selling the scope on Ebay but thought I would try here first due to the specialized nature of this item. Once again, I realize the scope is over 30 years old and if you require a newer looking scope that's fine and good luck to you! My asking price is $4000. If you have any questions, you can email me at robert.macinnis@ns.sympatico.ca or call me on my cell at 902-222-1920. The scope is located in Nova Scotia Canada, on the East Coast. Thanks for looking! I also have Unitron Measuring Projector as well and will consider a package deal! Let's face it, these scopes are hard to come by and if you find one on Ebay it will most certainly be sold AS IS with not return policy!! Thanks to the members who have given me insight to the scope!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:58:38 PM by Cardinal »

Offline Cardinal

• AFTE Friend
Re: Comparison Microscope for sale.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:27:41 PM »
Here is a couple of pictures of a knife scratch in a piece of round stock brass. Hope this helps, but I'm no expert when it comes to setting up a scope!

Rob

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal