collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2378
  • stats Total Posts: 86406
  • stats Total Topics: 14829
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Interested in getting into the field of Firearm/Toolmark examination  (Read 11786 times)

Offline jrathman

• AFTE Friend
Greetings, I am aspiring to pursue a career as a Firearm/Toolmark examiner.  I have obtained a Masters degree in Forensic Science and have training in archaeology/anthropology.  As a requirement for the master's program, I have conducted research examining toolmarks on animal bones, which my main purpose was to apply toolmark examination to an archaeological situation.  Furthermore, I have taken a seminar on examination of historical guns where I learned the basic parts and mechanics of historic firearms.  I have also interned at an ASCLD-LAB facility.

I have aspirations to learn more about the Firearm/Toolmark endeavor and hope to apply this desire and acquisition of knowledge to a career in firearm examination.  I have attached my resume for reference to my qualification.  If anyone knows of any position (future or present) or suggestions on where to start (get my feet wet) I would greatly appreciate it. 

Sincerely,

Jeff Rathman

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal