PUBLIC Forums > Forensics

Suggestions for Minors?

<< < (3/3)

Justine Kreso:
There really isn't a comparison between labs.  What the case load of the lone lab in South Dakota is an apples to oranges comparison of how NYPD operates.  Caseload varies drastically depending on number of examiners, cases submitted, services offered, etc.  Fees for analysis as well.  The questions you ask are those that should be asked in interviews with specific laboratories when you are at the application or interview stage.

baye6212:
Very well, thank you.  How about things to do on my own--such as organizations, training, seminars, or classes I could take to make myself more "marketable" in the field?  I've considered going the law enforcement route, thinking perhaps that law enforcement experience along with the forensic degree might be beneficial?

Iris Johnson:
I think getting into lab section is really interesting and maybe you'll have an interest in working both in lab and in field. I know of some people also getting a degree in crime scene investigation. I think it would be a lot challenging. Best luck!  ;)

Karen Cabana:
Go with the lab section! It's challenging;but it's worth it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version