collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 84
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86104
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Advice please :-)  (Read 10836 times)

Offline shoffman

• AFTE Friend
Advice please :-)
« on: May 02, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »
Hello,

I am currently working on my Associates degree for Forensic Science where I will be continuing for my B.S. degree almost immediately after that. My goal is to then be able to enroll in the Academy for Firearms Examiner, but as you all know, I would have to already be working in a lab in order to be considered. I would love to begin my new career very soon but know I have to finish at least my Associates first. When would be the ideal time to look for internships and where? Unfortunately, when I look for them around the area nothing shows up. If anyone has any suggestions about any of this information it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

S. Hoffman

P.S. I live in the Baltimore, MD area if anyone knows of any places willing to hire on an intern who is just beginning! Thank you again!

Offline Erin Hickson

• AFTE Member
Re: Advice please :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
I'm not sure what the requirements are in Maryland, but to acquire a Forensic Scientist position in Phoenix you must have a Bachelor's of Science degree in a hard science (ie. Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology etc.).  We do offer internships here in Phoenix, but I know it's a ways away from you.  If you're intersted in checking out the internship opportunities here, you can go to our website at http://phoenix.gov/police/lab1.html and there is an email link to find out more.

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal