Company: Ideal Innovations, Inc.
Location: Quantico, VA
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Estimated Award Notification Date: o/a 1 September 2012
Application Documents: Resume, Letter of Intent, Date of Availability & Verification of Clearance
Contact: Pam Kocher (email@example.com
PHYSICAL SCIENTIST: TOOLMARKS (2 Vacancies)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist Forensic Examiners with processing and examining a wide range of evidence and forensic materials associated with IEDs.
• Support in-processing and evidence control and management by serving as evidence analysts.
• Assist in setting up instruments and related equipment for used for field testing and evaluation of explosive materials.
• Interact and collaborate with other group/team members and other forensic staff to ensure a high quality and accurate product.
• Physical Scientists may also be assigned responsibility for calibrating and maintaining, consistent with client Laboratory Quality Assurance standards and policies, instruments and analytical equipment used by Forensic Examiners, Biologists, and other Physical Scientists to conduct forensic analysis and examination of evidence and forensic materials associated with IEDs.
• Minimum Education: baccalaureate degree from an accredited university/college with a minimum of twenty four (24) credit hours in physical or life sciences (chemistry, biology, geology, etc.).
• Minimum General Experience: Preferably one (1) year recent experience as a Physical Scientist in an accredited laboratory.
• Must successfully complete and pass the client training requirements.
• Must successfully complete client competency test within the time period as set forth by its program. At a minimum, the competency test will include:
o Examination of sufficient unknown samples to cover the anticipated spectrum of job duties and evaluation of his/her ability to perform suitable testing methods; and
o A written or oral examination to assess his/her knowledge of the discipline, category of testing, or task being performed.
• Have intermediate level competency in PhotoShop (Photographer) and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Be able to work well in a team environment; possess excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to meet the following physical demands:
o Lift 70 lbs. to a working height of 48 inches
o General office and laboratory duties/functions
• Be willing to relocate to the Quantico, VA area.
• Able to acquire and maintain Top Secret clearance.
• Please see below for position-specific descriptions and requirements.