collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86097
  • stats Total Topics: 14746
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Looking for Mentor  (Read 11394 times)

Offline ZFrieden

• AFTE Friend
Looking for Mentor
« on: April 28, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »
Dear AFTE Members,

Hello, My name is Zachary Frieden and I am a sophomore in the Authentic Science Research Program at Byram Hills High School in Armonk, New York. The ASR program is a three year commitment in which a student independently researches a topic of their choosing, designs an experiment with the help of a mentor, and then enters into the Intel Science Talent Search competition in their senior year.

I am interested in the field of forensic firearm identification and have read many articles on this topic, ranging from news articles to journal articles.

I am currently having difficulty obtaining a mentor that will guide me through my research.  One of the researchers that I have contacted suggested that I post here.

I was hoping to hear from anyone willing to fulfill this position.

The specific requirements of being a mentor can be viewed here: http://www.byramhills.org/curriculum.cfm?subpage=594

Information about the Intel Science Talent Search, which students will be submitting their papers to senior year, can be viewed here: http://www.societyforscience.org/sts/about

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Zachary Frieden
Byram Hills High School
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:46:51 AM by ZFrieden »

Online Justine Kreso

• AFTE Member
Re: Looking for Mentor
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:23:07 AM »
Your best bet is to contact one of the labs in the greater downstate NY area.  The closest lab to you would be Westchester County.
Justine Kreso
Onondaga County Center for Forensic Sciences
Syracuse, NY

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal