collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 81
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86104
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Research Study Participants Needed  (Read 12973 times)

Offline Blake Reta

• AFTE Member
Research Study Participants Needed
« on: December 12, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
 AFTE Members,
My name is Blake Reta and I work as a trainee at the West Virginia State Police Forensic Laboratory. I am currently working on a research project for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, National Firearms Examiner Academy.
This research project is a Rifling Measurement Study in which I need the assistance of other examiners to complete. The study takes approximately 1 to 2 hours to complete. The following is what I ask of each participant in the study:
·         With the 12 fired bullets provided, measure each land and groove impression and record the measurement on the sheet provided
·         Use your own laboratories accepted protocol and procedure for measuring rifling impressions
·         Mail your response back to my laboratory so that I may record the results
There is no correct or incorrect answer to this study. This study is being conducted with only one set of materials and, therefore, time is of great importance. It is designed so every participant will view and measure the same land and groove impressions, which is important for the interpretation of the data.
With this in mind I ask that anyone willing to participate be respectful and complete the study as soon as possible after received, with a turnaround time of no more than 5 business days. Labs with multiple examiners will be provided the study first, due to the fact that it is my goal to receive at minimum 30 sets of data within the next 6 months. Anyone who works in smaller laboratories or on an individual basis who wishes to participate will not be denied if possible given the time restraints; the study will be continued after completion of the NFEA time period and anyone who wishes to participate will be given the opportunity.
Those willing to participate in this study please post in this topic or email me the following information:
·         Name
·         Laboratory
·         Address
·         Number of participants
If the participant(s) require postage be paid in order to send the materials back, arrangements can be made by contacting me directly.
If you have any questions regarding participation please contact me using the following information:
Blake N. Reta
304-746-2171
bnreta@wvsp.state.wv.us
Blake Reta
West Virginia State Police Forensic Laboratory

Offline Blake Reta

• AFTE Member
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 03:21:44 PM »
Duplicate thread, merged topics. 

AFTE Members,
My name is Blake Reta and I work as a trainee at the West Virginia State Police Forensic Laboratory. I am currently working on a research project for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, National Firearms Examiner Academy.
This research project is a Rifling Measurement Study in which I need the assistance of other examiners to complete. The study takes approximately 1 to 2 hours to complete. The following is what I ask of each participant in the study:
·         With the 12 fired bullets provided, measure each land and groove impression and record the measurement on the sheet provided
·         Use your own laboratories accepted protocol and procedure for measuring rifling impressions
·         Mail your response back to my laboratory so that I may record the results
There is no correct or incorrect answer to this study. This study is being conducted with only one set of materials and, therefore, time is of great importance. It is designed so every participant will view and measure the same land and groove impressions, which is important for the interpretation of the data.
With this in mind I ask that anyone willing to participate be respectful and complete the study as soon as possible after received, with a turnaround time of no more than 5 business days. Labs with multiple examiners will be provided the study first, due to the fact that it is my goal to receive at minimum 30 sets of data within the next 6 months. Anyone who works in smaller laboratories or on an individual basis who wishes to participate will not be denied if possible given the time restraints; the study will be continued after completion of the NFEA time period and anyone who wishes to participate will be given the opportunity.
Those willing to participate in this study please post in this topic or email me the following information:
·         Name
·         Laboratory
·         Address
·         Number of participants
If the participant(s) require postage be paid in order to send the materials back, arrangements can be made by contacting me directly.
If you have any questions regarding participation please contact me using the following information:
Blake N. Reta
304-746-2171
bnreta@wvsp.state.wv.us
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:56:47 AM by Justine Kreso »
Blake Reta

Offline Carey Alvarez Bacha

• AFTE Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »
I'd like to participate in your NFEA study. I will send you an e-mail.  Thanks.

Carey 

Offline Dana Gicale

• AFTE Member
Re: Research Study Participants Needed
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »
USACIL has some participants:

Laboratory                           
Address
Number of participants

Dana Bonar
US Army Criminal Investigation Lab - Firearms Branch
4930 North 31st Street
Forest Park, GA 30297
2 participants
Dana Bonar Gicale
dcbonar@gmail.com

Offline Blake Reta

• AFTE Member
Re: Research Study Participants Needed
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 12:18:25 PM »
I would just like to say thank you so far for all the responses I have received. The support is overwhelming and I am very appreciative.
- Blake
Blake Reta

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal