collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2379
  • stats Total Posts: 86469
  • stats Total Topics: 14839
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Law Enforcement School at EKU?  (Read 22030 times)

Church

Law Enforcement School at EKU?
« on: February 26, 2005, 09:07:01 PM »
If I were looking to getting into the Firearme/Toolmark ID field, would EKU be a good choice?  It's my number one on my list of colleges.  UT comes in a close second.  Any more colleges I should know about?  Any suggestions, information, or general things about going to college for this field would be of great help also, as I am getting ready to ship out to college after this school year is up.  

Thanks

-Church

Offline Scott Doyle

• AFTE Member
    • An Introduction to Forensic Firearms Identification
Law Enforcement School at EKU?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 02:36:22 PM »
Do you want to go to EKU for their Forensic Science program or their Police Administration program?

I'd recommend the Forensic Science program there if you want to work in a laboratory.  This program deals more with chemistry or biology but more and more labs want the Science degrees for the Firearm Sections too.

I'm not familiar with the degree programs at the University of Tennessee but being a University of Kentucky fan I avoid anything that resembles UT orange.  :)  

I am a graduate of EKU and have a Bachelor of Science in Police Admin and an Associate of Arts in Criminalistics.  28 years ago not too many forensics programs were around.  I wouldn't major in Police Admin if I had to do it over.  I'd definitely go the science route.

gmlawrence

EKU Forensic Science
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »
EKU Forensic Science is a good program. I'm a gred of the BS program from '87 and work as a firearms examiner. The BS in Forensic Science is your best choise, even for firearms. You will need the chemisty background for some of the work in firearms. Gary

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal