PUBLIC Forums > AFTE 2014

AFTE 2014 Hotel Booking-IMPORTANT

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kathy Geil:
Yep we have up the number of rooms in our room block.  The Westin has plenty of rooms, but our original room block was obvious set a bit too low. :)  So all good now....just wondering if we should up it even more......

Jon Wickwire:
Do they still have rooms available at the Westin?  I tried the online booking through the link on the AFTE page and it appears the rooms are not available. 

There are 5 examiners from Michigan that were recently approved and all of us still need to make our travel arrangements. 

Could you advise if we can obtain lodging at the Westin, or if an overflow hotel has been arranged.

Thanks

Megan Cleek:
Jon,

After receiving that message when trying to book online yesterday, I called. They were VERY helpful!!

I had to first reserve rooms outside of the AFTE block, my reservation was forwarded to the hotel event planner, and several hours later I received an updated confirmation with the AFTE pricing!

Very easy!

Rick Wyant:
We sent warnings in January that the hotel group/government rate rooms were filling fast. We are doing our best to get everyone in at the group rate for those who didn't reserve a room when we advised. As you can imagine, it is a bit of a balancing act to determine the number of rooms to commit to as we don't want AFTE on the hook for any unsold.  The Westin has plenty of rooms, but we may not be able to get everyone the group rate.  Our advice is to reserve a room and we will attempt to shift it if other group reservations cancel. If you need to book a government rate room for your agency, there are other nearby hotels that may have government rates and we are looking into that.

Rick
2014 committee chair

Rick Wyant:
We were able to add 50 more rooms at $189 a night at the Westin, slightly higher than the gov rate, but significantly less than retail. Get them while they last.
Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version