PUBLIC Forums > AFTE 2015

Printed vs. Electronic Training Seminar Programs

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dan Alessio:
I'm with Mike and Kathy.  I like having the printed.  But it would be a great idea to start the electronic version now so that you can get the bugs worked out.  It is the future.

Eric Warren:
I like the option of both.  However, the reason I like to have an electronic copy is so that I can index all of my pdf files.  I can then search all of the files at the same time.  So say, for example, I remember there being a workshop on toolmark subclass but I can't remember which year it was, I could search "Toolmark Subclass" against the index and it would find every instance of my query in any of the files I've indexed.

I do this for journal articles too.  It helps me pinpoint articles I've read quicker than re-reading several of them to find what I need.

HTH

Bob Shem:
You left off my choice: "Both".

I like the electronic for long term reference material and to provide to my employer as part of my travel authorization. 

I like the printed for the day to day at the seminar.  The program makes a great place to take notes.

Amy Weber:
I agree with Mike, Kathy, Dan, etc. etc.!  I like hard copy versions of print still (I am a purest who reads tangible books and don't own any electronic readers) - that being said, I am slowly starting to appreciate the function of electronic versions!  So if there is the option of starting an electronic version to get the bugs worked out AND offering a hard copy, I think that would be the way to go for now!

FYI - I ALSO like the use of the word "whippersnapper"  ;D   Made me giggle! 

Jennifer Floyd:
I don't have a tablet, my laptop is 8 years old, and my smartphone is too small to feel good looking at an electronic copy on it.  I'd love to have an electronic copy for when I'm back at work, but I still want a paper copy during the conference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version