PUBLIC Forums > AFTE 2015

Texas Rangers Game Friday 5/29

<< < (3/5) > >>

Paul Murphy:
A former colleague of mine (now working in the UK) and myself would also like to go too, so 2 more people for the shuttle/van or whatever form of transport.

Paul J Murphy & Kerry Versveld (NABIS Manchester)

What is the situation regarding tickets - do we buy them ourselves or as a group?

Richard Hitchcox:
They offer a 40% discount on tickets purchased online through GovX for active and former military and first responders.  A link is provided below.

https://msecure.mlb.com/tex/tickets/authorized/offers/military

My wife and I have been looking at this, because we will be coming back in June with our kids for the Texas State Youth Bowling Tournament.  Each qualified person can purchase a certain number of discounted tickets, but I'm not sure how many that would be per qualified person.

If you go to the link there is a FAQ page, and almost all people who are employed by the military or a law enforcement agency or have a .mil or .gov email address qualify for the discounted tickets.  I think that includes the vast majority of AFTE members.  I went to the page due to my pride in having retired from the US Army.

Anya:
I figured we would just buy the tickets when we got there so we could get a block of tickets together.

I would pre order them but I don't want to put out money for them and have someone no show.  We could maybe use the link that Richard provided and meet up in the hotel lobby at like 6:00pm and do it right then and someone could charge the lot and collect the money once everyone is physically there. 

What I plan to do once I'm in town is take to the concierge and see what he recommends to get us a shuttle to the game.

As of right now, I have nine:

Me
Valerie + 2
Jill
Calissa + Blake
Paul + Kerry

That should make the shuttle price palatable if we split it nine ways. 

Again, I am on the body farm tour Friday and we are scheduled to be back to the hotel at 6:00, so I am hoping to have our shuttle ready to go at 6:00 and basically jump off of one bus and onto another.

Watch this thread for more info.

It'll work out, I just need to be there before I can get all of the logistics solidified!

Bob Burns:
If you get a shuttle and still have room, my wife and I would like to join the group.  We were also planning on going to the game, but I hadn't figured out transportation yet.

Laura Fleming:
Anya--
I suggest you reach out to Rebecca Koenigs from Discover Dallas Tours. She should be able to help with transportation and game tickets.

Discover Dallas Tours
www.discoverdallastours.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version