PUBLIC Forums > Traders Corner

Past AFTE President Published a Book!

(1/5) > >>

Matt Noedel:
AFTE's 2nd president (1970-1971), Charles Meyers, has published a book entitled "Silent Evidence Firearms and Toolmark Cases from Forensic Science".

Information about obtaining a copy of the book can be found at:
www.parkwaypublishers.com

Posted on behalf of Charles Meyers by Matthew Noedel, AFTE Editor

Scott Doyle:
I couldn't find reference to the book on their site.  Is it not listed and you simply have to email them?  Or did I just miss it?

Ann Davis:
I wrote to the publisher and received the following response.  Ann :P

Dear Ms. Davis: Thank you for your e-mail. Here is the information on Charlie Meyers' book, Silent Evidence.
Rao Aluri

Silent Evidence: Firearms (Forensic Ballistics) and Toolmarks
Cases from Forensic Science

By

Charles Meyers

Parkway Publishers, Inc. is pleased to announce the publication of Silent Evidence: Firearms (Forensic Ballistics) and Toolmarks Cases from Forensic Science written by Charles Meyers, a resident of Mountain City, Tennessee.

Silent Evidence describes a number of criminal cases, which illustrate the imaginative work of crime scene investigators, criminal investigators, and crime laboratory analysts. The book specifically focuses on the influence of firearms and toolmark identification methods in solving crimes. Many of the homicides involve “twists” in the evidence, not usually reported, which will be of interest to the general public. The book will also be useful to students of forensic science, criminal justice, and criminal law.

Silent Evidence includes an addendum, “A Primer on Firearms and Toolmark Identification,” for those readers who desire a deeper understanding of the discipline and its scientific foundation. Also included in the book is a bibliography.

Charles Meyers, the author, served the Criminal Justice System for more than fifty years and practiced in the discipline of Firearms (Forensic Ballistics) and Toolmark Identification for more than forty years.  This career included twenty-five years with the Michigan State Police, three years teaching at Delta College in Michigan, and over twelve years with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.  In addition, he has lectured and published extensively regarding physical evidence and forensic science, and testified as an expert witness on more than a thousand occasions.  He is a Navy veteran of World War II and Korea. His education includes a Bachelor of Science degree from Michigan State University with a year of Criminalistics and a minor in Natural Science.  He is Past-President of the Association of Firearm and Toolmark Examiners, a Retired Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, and a Kentucky Colonel.

Silent Evidence  (ISBN: 1-887905-39-1) is priced $19.95 and is available from local bookstores and directly from the publisher, Parkway Publishers, Inc., Box 3678, Boone, NC 28607. Phone & fax: (828) 265-3993; Toll-Free (800) 821-9155. MasterCard/Visa accepted. Shipping and Handling: $4.00. North Carolina residents please add 7.0% sales tax.

Rao Aluri, Ph.D.
Parkway Publishers, Inc.
PO Box 3678
Boone, NC 28607
Ph&Fax (828) 265-3993
parkwaypub@hotmail.com
http://www.parkwaypublishers.com

babyglock9mm:
Charlie was one of my trainers in the GBI/FDLE training program.  He gave us all a copy of the manuscript.  At that time, he did not think it would get published.  I'm glad to hear that it did!  There are some very interesting cases in there.

:P

Van

Richard Hitchcox:
This is just an update on how to obtain a copy of Charles Meyers' book entitled Silent Evidence: Firearms and Toolmarks Cases from Forensic Science.

I offered up copies of this book to the winners of the football bowl games contests a few months back.  I then ordered the books through several of the internet vendors that listed the book for sale.  All of my orders stayed open from 2 to 4 weeks and were then canceled by the vendors.  All of the vendors said they canceled the order because the book is not available from any source.

Finally, I contacted Charles Meyers and found that the books are available; however, they must be ordered directly from Mr. Meyers.  I received the books I ordered in less than a week, and they were all autographed. 

Charles Meyers' contact information is available from the AFTE membership roster, and the current price of the book is $18.

I just thought I would throw this information out there in case someone else may have gone through some of the futile efforts I went through looking for a copy of this book.  I read the book and found it to be a good read about some interesting cases.

Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version