PUBLIC Forums > Employment Wanted

Firearm/Tool Mark Trainee

(1/2) > >>

Brian_McKenzie:
I am a recent graduate from a FEPAC accredited university, WVU, with a BS in Forensic and Investigative Science and seeking employment in the field of firearms/tool mark examination.  I completed an internship with the Cleveland Police Department in their firearms lab, but the city does not hire civilians for the firearm examiner position so I am looking for a position elsewhere.  I have applied for almost every trainee position open but so far I can not get an interview.  I am willing to start at the lowest rung on the ladder as long as I can just get in to a position.  If anyone can help me in trying to find a position or get into a position  it would be greatly appreciated.  This is a very stressful time so any advice would help.  Thank you

Bill Wheatley:
Brian,

The Houston Police Department has vacancies for two Firearm Examiner Trainees.  No experience is necessary.  Salary range is $37,652 - $47,552 annually.

Apply online at www.houstontx.gov.  For additional information, please contact Darrell Stein at darrell.stein@cityofhouston.net.

Bill

Jim Campbell:
I believe GBI also hires trainees.

Dana Gicale:
FYI,
The GBI is hiring a trainee right now, but the listing closes on Tuesday of next week, 6/19/07.  Get your applications in because the application must BE HERE by the deadline, not just postmarked.  And they frown on faxed applications.

Calvin Story:
For what its worth, the Texas Legislature just gave us 10 new Firearms positions. They will be trainee positions but the hiring probably won't start until Sept 1st and not all 10 will be hired at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version