collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2377
  • stats Total Posts: 86319
  • stats Total Topics: 14779
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Forensic Scientist I/II - Firearms/Toolmarks - Las Vegas Metro PD FINAL UPDATE!  (Read 6581 times)

Offline Anya

• AFTE Member
UPDATED INFO 3/18/15

Our posting is LIVE!  Applications will be accepted between now and April 8th!!!

Polish up your resumes and get those applications in!  We are looking to hire TWO Firearm/Toolmark examiners!

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/lvmpd/default.cfm

When you go to the link, scroll down to the bottom and pick which position you want to apply for - Forensic Scientist I (must have 1 year of full time, professional experience as a Forensic Scientist) or Forensic Scientist II (must have 3 years of full time, professional experience as a Forensic Scientist).  You have to choose one or the other based on your experience. 

Hope to see you all in the applicant pool, and as always, feel free to contact our HR Department, myself or Angel Moses if you have any questions!

Anya Lester
A13771L@LVMPD.com
702-828-3959

UPDATED INFO 3/5/15

We have an updated timeline for our posting, we have been approved to move it up a little. 

Our NEW anticipated posting date is MARCH 18, 2015 and the posting will most likely close on or around APRIL 8, 2015.  So, everyone who's expressed interest to us (and those who haven't expressed it to us, but just thought about applying) get your resumes ready!

We are anticipating holding our testing From MAY 5 - 8, 2015.

We also have some AMAZING news - due to recent changes in personnel here, it looks as though we WILL be hiring TWO Forensic Scientist I/II's instead of just ONE!  So, for those of you interested in working here - the Vegas odds just got better!

We are super excited to be hiring and as always, if you have any questions, PLEASE feel free to call or email myself or Angel Moses!

For more info on us and our agency, salary, benefits, etc.  see my post below!!!

Anya Lester/Angel Moses
(702) 828-3959

Original Info posting:

Hello all-

I have some FANTASTIC news!  We are going to be posting soon (anticipated posting in the beginning of April 2015) to fill our Forensic Scientist I/II vacancy!  We currently have one vacancy and will be hiring one person for sure, with the possibility of more in the future!

To qualify for the FSI level, you only need ONE YEAR of full time Forensic Scientist experience and for the FSII, THREE YEARS of experience is required.

Our annual starting salaries are very competitive ($67,412.76 for FSII and $61,068.84 for FSI) and our benefits include the following:

-3 weeks of annual vacation; 104 hours of annual sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year
-3 bonus shifts per year if no more than 3 days of sick leave are used; two personal days per year
-Overtime pay at a rate of 1 1/2 times the gross hourly rate or compensatory time
-Direct deposit of paychecks; deferred compensation plan is available.
-Nevada has no state income tax and employees do not pay social security taxes
-Health, vision, and dental insurance is available for employees and their dependents beginning at date of hire at competitive rates
-Police Employee Assistance Program is a counseling and referral service for employees and their families at no cost to employees

In ADDITION to all of this,

Las Vegas has over 300 days of sunshine per year, unparalleled entertainment and dining, and year-round outdoor recreation!  Quite honestly, I'm from Michigan originally and the weather here alone was worth the move.  It's awesome to live here in Vegas.  Our agency is a combined city and county agency and we currently have three Firearms Examiners.

Here are the links to the job descriptions and to our Laboratory YouTube recruitment video.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/lvmpd/default.cfm?action=viewclassspec&classSpecID=1020472&viewOnly=yes

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/lvmpd/default.cfm?action=viewclassspec&classSpecID=1020481&viewOnly=yes

LVMPD Forensic Lab "365 Days"

For any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me! 

Further update to come when the posting goes live!

Anya Lester
(702) 828-3959

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal