collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 83
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86089
  • stats Total Topics: 14745
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Texas Rangers Game Friday 5/29  (Read 25802 times)

Offline Amy Myers

• AFTE Member
Re: Texas Rangers Game Friday 5/29
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 07:38:01 AM »
 Two more from Columbus would be interested. Will there be an announcement at AFTE so we can all get on a shuttle.

Offline Mark Shaw

• AFTE Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »
Add 1 more to the list. Thanks.

Offline Anya

• AFTE Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »
No problem, everyone!

I will work on arranging a shuttle when I get a minute.  (Still working on finishing up my poster!)  Thanks Laura for the info!

Looks like we are up to 14 people, this is awesome! I presume the more people we have, the more it will help with the cost per person.

I will try to get an announcement or something out, I'm sure I'll be able to get the info to you all.

More info to follow!!!!

Watch this space!!!

Offline Anya

• AFTE Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:28 PM »
So to get a shuttle the way they do it is you have to pay for it the whole time. For example you can't just pay for them one way and then the other way.

So for baseball we would need the shuttle for five hours, three hours of game plus an hour on both sides for travel.

The cost is $560. If we have 14 people that is $40 each for round trip. Also we have to pay for the bus parking at the stadium which is $40. So that would be another 2-3$ each. If we had more people the cost per person would decrease. If we have less then it will go up.

The issue I have is I'd have to pay for the whole amount on my credit card and everyone would have to reimburse me.  Honestly I'm leery of paying for it personally on my card without confirmation from everyone that they will be there. I just don't want to pay $600 out of pocket then only have 3 or 4 ppl show up. Then if we divided by 3 it would be $200 each!

So this may be a bad idea. I was told by a local last night that a cab is $30-40 each way and Uber is probably even cheaper and several people can go in one cab and split it. This way whoever wanted to go could just go in cabs and pay for their own and we'd have the exact number that we needed and I wouldn't have a shuttle waiting and have people not show.

My other concern is with the lovely rain that we've had here all week Id hate to pay and book a shuttle and then have it be rained out or delayed or have people decide that they want to cancel at the last minute if it's raining.

Also since I'm on a body farm tour friday which is supposed to get back here at 6:00 I'm concerned if we are late getting back that will impact our departure.

So at this point, I'm leaning toward scrapping the shuttle idea and just having anyone who decides to go self-cab or
Uber.

Unless everyone here replies and is really in favor of the shuttle and guarantees that they will be there then we could do it but I'm pretty leery currently. Let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas ;)

Thanks!

Offline Mark Shaw

• AFTE Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »
I think the no shuttle option is best.

Offline Anya

• AFTE Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
Yes I agree.

I apologize and I don't mean to bail out on everyone but the weather and the cost are making this a risky venture.

I think if people want to go they can decide on friday and I think self cab or Uber is the best option.

Offline Richard Hitchcox

• (956) 565-7281
  • AFTE Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
Some of us went to a Texas Rangers game and a Frisco Roughriders (AA Texas Rangers affiliate) game, and we enjoyed them both!!!
1911 is faster than 911 ~ anonymous

Offline Anya

• AFTE Member
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 11:03:24 AM »
Luckily I didn't make any plans.  I was on that Body Farm Tour bus Friday that was supposed to get back at 6:00pm but didn't get back until 8:30pm. 

Considering that the game started at 7:00pm, there was no baseball in the cards for me that night.

Hope everyone who went enjoyed themselves, and I hope that everyone had a good meeting!

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal