PUBLIC Forums > Call For Assistance Feedback

Looking for old IWBA Journal article

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eric Warren:
I'm posting this in both threads to make sure everyone knows.

I wanted to thank Nat Pearlson, who made it possible for us to have our own IWBA library.  I've been digitizing all of the IWBA Wound Ballistics Review journals.  I've uploaded them into their own folder on the AFTE Google Drive.  For access, log on to our Google drive account.  There is a folder named "IWBA Wound Ballistics Review" with the files I've added so far.

Also, the last issue that Nat had was Volume 5 Number 1.  So if anyone has an issue after that, please let me know or feel free to scan it and add it to the folder.

Thanks!

Humpy:
Just wanted to express my gratitude to Eric for scanning and posting the IWBA Journals.

I was a Full Member (#12) months prior to the first volume being published as I knew Marty for several years prior to the initiation of the Association and knew it was on his Bucket List.

I was introduced to Marty by my Small Arms Ordnance friends at the US Secret Service-Beltsville about 1985 best I can recollect.

He really upset the establishment (Ballistics Research Lab Aberdeen Proving Ground and others)with his ground breaking methodology.

I was a Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director at APG and when I was there it was the old school but Marty came on the scene and jumped all over their sand castle and floored them with good solid data they could not refute.

Marty became interested in wound ballistics in Viet Nam where he was a Navy surgeon and his specialty was bullet wounds.  He would make notes of the damage to personnel and he would get their information either before surgery or after and he wanted to know  things like what they were shot with and from how far away.

Obviously as a Colonel that is not a Navy rank but  Marty was good friends with the Surgeon General of the Army and after Nam he persuaded Marty to switch to the Army and set up a Wound Ballistics facility at the Presidio.

I suppose I have all my copies but I have boxes from three moves past I have not opened yet.  The http from Eric was a true gift.

The best of my recollection the last time I talked with him was in 2015 when I was putting together my bio to run for the NRA Board of Directors and I called Marty.  He was retired,  living in Gainesville, Florida.  I had been told that he had developed mental deterioration and during that phone call he appeared to be himself but shortly thereafter I started  to get some odd emails which were obviously not the "same old Marty".

I really miss hearing from him.

Again my thanks to Eric for restoring my library so to speak.

Mark Humphreville

Eric Warren:
On a related note, thanks to Mark "Humpy" Humphreville for providing a copy of the FBI Wound Ballistics Workshop (see attached)!

Greg Laskowski:
Thank you Nat and Eric for sharing. :-00

Humpy:
I may have some more stuff from Fackler.  I am going through my old work files to see what I can use for my NRA Board of Directors run in 2018 Election and happened up on that.

If I run up on anything I will let you know. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version