collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2378
  • stats Total Posts: 86446
  • stats Total Topics: 14833
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Columbus Police Crime Laboratory - Firearms Examiner (Columbus, Ohio)  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Amy Myers

• AFTE Member
Forensic Scientist – Firearms

The Columbus Police Crime Laboratory, an ASCLD/LAB-International, ISO 17025 accredited forensic laboratory in Columbus, Ohio, is currently accepting applications for Forensic Scientist I and Forensic Scientist II positions in Firearms. Responsibilities include performing complex examinations and analyses of evidence; preparing written reports of findings; and presenting oral testimony in court. Typical duties include the examination and comparison of firearms, bullets, and cartridges to identify similarities among and between crime scene evidence and other obtained samples.

Applicants for a Forensic Scientist I position must possess a bachelor's degree with significant coursework (21 semester or 32-quarter hours) in forensic science, chemistry, biology, or a closely related physical or natural science.

Applicants for a Forensic Scientist II position must possess a bachelor's degree with significant coursework (21 semester or 32-quarter hours in forensic science, chemistry, biology, or closely related physical or natural science and three (3) years of forensic laboratory experience. Substitution(s): A master’s degree in forensic science, chemistry, biology or closely related physical or natural science may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience. A doctorate's degree in forensic science, chemistry, biology or closely related physical or natural science may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.

Preference will be given to those applicants possessing additional education and experience in a forensic laboratory.

The salary ranges for this position are:

Forensic Scientist I - $49,192 - $71,427
Forensic Scientist II - $62,067 - $96,886

The classification and salary hiring point will be based on education, certification, and experience. Selected applicants will be subjected to a background investigation and pre-employment drug screening.

Applicants must register and apply at the Columbus Civil Service Commission at: www.csc.columbus.gov.  Information on the Forensic Scientist positions is located in the “Current Job Openings” section of this website. Applications for Forensic Scientist I (Recruitment # 17-1911-V1) and Forensic Scientist II (Recruitment # 17-1912-V1) will be accepted from January 20 through February 3, 2017.

For questions and to send resume, contact:
Amy Amstutz, Forensic Scientist III – Firearms Supervisor
Phone: 614-645-2767
e-mail: aamstutz@columbuspolice.org

The City of Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal