collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86094
  • stats Total Topics: 14746
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Firearms Identifications by J. Howard Matthews - 3 Volume Set  (Read 25244 times)

LDubb

Firearms Identifications by J. Howard Matthews - 3 Volume Set
« on: August 28, 2005, 05:27:57 PM »
I have a three volume set of the J. Howard Matthews "Firearms Identification" Books that someone might want. 

All three books are in good condition with dustjackets.  The dustjackets have some wear but the books are in great condition with no missing pages or writing.  Two of the three books have bookplates in the front.  They have been in the garage for a few years and I'm sure someone from this board can make good use of them.

Please email me with a bid (not including shipping) and whoever sends the highest bid by September 15th will get the books.  Please let me know of any questions and thanks for reading this post!

==============
I can't find a reply button so I'm modifying this post instead.  So far here are the bids I have:

$8.00
$75.00
$350.00
$495.00
$500.00
$635.00

I suppose I could post an ebay auction too but I'm not sure how I'd enter all the previous bids.  Also, it's not fair to the people who were bidding here knowing the auction was ending on a specific date. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 11:00:40 PM by LDubb »

Jerryp

Re: Firearms Identifications by J. Howard Matthews - 3 Volume Set
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 01:43:45 PM »
Just to make it interesting, can you post the bids(minus the names) as you get them?

Offline Chris Monturo

• Moderators
    • Precision Forensic Testing
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 06:58:47 PM »
I bid $8.

Chris
Please check out http://www.precisionforensictesting.com  for lab supplies

Offline Jamie Becker

• AFTE Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »
These books belonged to Jim Warner-Past President of AFTE and are being sold by his family.  They have been advised the value of the books!
Jamie Becker
Forensic Consultant

Jerryp

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 06:23:14 PM »
I'm sure the warner family is aware of the value. I  commend them for offering them to afte members instead of putting them on ebay. If the bids were displayed then we all could have an idea of how to bid.

I need volume III for my library. If anyone out there is interested in Volumes I and II maybe we can make a joint bid. Otherwise, If the sellers are not looking for an outragious price then I might be interested in buying all three.

Additionally, If the warner family has any other firearms books I am interested as well. Please feel free to contact me. gpetillo@armsid.net .

Thanks

Offline Bob Shem

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 11:50:41 AM »
Actually it would probably be best if the books were placed on eBay with a courtesy link to the auction placed on this thread so that interested AFTE members could follow the link.  That way the books would sell for what they are worth.  I don't have a clue what they might sell -  $100?, $500?, $1,000?  No one knows, unless they are put up on an auction site like eBay.  These books are valuable as collectables, not as publications, so their worth is only what someone is willing to pay.  EBay is probably the best way for both the family of Jim Warner and the buyer to get a fair price.
Robert J. Shem, 4900 Buckingham Way., Anchorage, AK  99503, ph 907 952-2254, bobshem@alaskan.com

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal