collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 77
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86089
  • stats Total Topics: 14745
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Interest in SF Giants Baseball Game, please reply!  (Read 36616 times)

Terence Wong

Interest in SF Giants Baseball Game, please reply!
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:02:59 PM »
From the Friends and Family Committee -

At AFTE 2006 in Springfield, the Boston Redsox game was extremely popular. At AFTE 2007 we would like to offer a San Francisco Giants game. Please reply and let me know if you're interested. If there is enough interest we will setup group tickets. The only difficulty is the scheduling - the only Giants game in The City that week is Sunday, May 27th at 1:05 p.m. Here is the full info:

Sunday, May 27th
San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies
1:05 p.m.
Promotion Day: Free BBQ for the first 20,000 fans (I don't know what this is about).
At AT&T park, the most beautiful park in baseball (according to me, anyway).
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ballpark/index.jsp
The park is a 15 minute walk from the hotel or a 3 minute MUNI light-rail ride ($1.50).
Price: $35-40 (for excellent seats).

Please reply with the number of tickets you'd like. We only need 25 tickets to get the group benefits!

Terence Wong
Friends and Family Committee

Offline Kevin Streine

• AFTE Member
Re: Interest in SF Giants Baseball Game, please reply!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:21:26 PM »
Terence- Thank you and all the host comittee for all the hard work and time involved in putting AFTE 2007 together.
Are the Oakland A's a viable option?  Having never visited San Francisco I have no way of knowing if this is a silly suggestion.
Kevin Streine
New Mexico Department of Public Safety
505-827-9151

Graveyards are filled with the bones of indispensable men. Charles de Gaulle

Offline Andy Smith

• AFTE Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:46:44 PM »
Kevin,

That is not a dumb question.  Granted AT&T park is very nice and is really convienent to the hotel which is the main reason the friends and family committee is thinking of this option.  The A's are playing that week as well (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday against Texas).  So, it is an option that I am sure the committee will consider.

Replies to this posting will be vital in the committee making the best choice in attempting to pull this off as a function.

Thanks,

Andy Smith
Chair - AFTE 2007
Technical Program
Andy Smith
San Francisco PD
Firearms Unit

Offline Justine Kreso

• AFTE Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:19:42 AM »
I'd be interested, however, I do not know what time (or even day) I'll be there.  A 1:05 game on Sunday may or may not be an option.
Justine Kreso
Onondaga County Center for Forensic Sciences
Syracuse, NY

Terence Wong

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 05:51:20 PM »
Kevin, like Andy said the A's are an option. BART runs directly from the hotel to the Oakland Coliseum (about 20 minutes). We are trying the Giants game as a first option, however if people would prefer the A's game we can set that up as well. Of course, if we do the Giants game you can still go to the A's game as well or instead. I can help you with tickets and BART if you do.

-Terence

Jill Dupre

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »
I would love to attend a game and plan on atttending a game - but that depends on the course schedule.  It sounds like the "A's" would be the game for me!!

Jill

Offline Steve Ostrowski

• AFTE Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02:15 AM »
Thanks for organizing this Terrence.  Hey did you sit next to me on the bus when we went to Fenway at AFTE last year?  Your favoritism towards SF Giants and AT&T Park sounds somewhat familiar.

Anyhow, two of us in NH are baseball fans and would go for either or both games.

Steve Ostrowski
NHSP Forensic Lab
33 Hazen Dr.  Concord, NH 03305  
ph. 603.223.8352
stephen.h.ostrowski@dos.nh.gov

Jerryp

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »
I'm interested in a game however, I am registered for a class on Sunday. If you plan on doing a game during the week please post asap so I don't take a class on that night.

Thanks for all your hard work to make this years conference great!!!  O0 

Offline Angel Moses

• AFTE Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »
I have a class currently scheduled for Sunday and Monday.  But I would love to go to a either Tuesday or Wednesday.  If those days go, I'm in for 2 tickets.

Thanks to the memebers of the Host Committee.  Looking forward to another great meeting. :)
Angel Moses
CCBI
(919)255-7375

Offline Heather Thomas Francis

• AFTE Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »
Are you still looking for interest in a baseball game?  If yeah, then sign me up!  Giants or A's - I have no preference.
Heather Thomas Francis
SWIFS - Dallas

Terence Wong

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 07:05:21 PM »
Thanks for replying everyone! We're leaning towards doing the A's game for sure (it sounds like everyone is actually "working" on Sunday). Probably the $40 club-level with a meal tickets. We're working on the other tours right now but I should be able to confirm the A's game soon. I may still organize a Giant's outing if I can get at least 20 people for Sunday.

Steve from New-hamp-shaaaa! I did sit next to you to Fenway. I'll show you how we do baseball on the left coast (i.e. wine and sushi instead of beer and dogs).

-Terence

Offline Erin (Gould) Mulligan

• AFTE Member
  • Fight On!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 08:05:34 PM »
OK, so I apparently don't check the forums often enough . . .

You know I'm in for both games, T.  And, I emailed Donnie today about Tuesday.   O0

Jefferson County Regional Crime Laboratory
Golden, CO

Offline Dom Denio

• AFTE Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 10:06:36 AM »
Terence,

I have 5 who are interested in the Sunday 1:05 PM Giants game. Let me know what you decide.

Thanks for your work on behalf of our members,
Dom
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:08:40 AM by Dom Denio »
Dom Denio
Past President

Offline Deion Christophe

• Firearms Examiner
  • AFTE Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 02:08:45 PM »
Terence,
if you have any more tickets for the game I would like to go. Can you let me know? I would need 2 tickets. Thanks
Deion P. Christophe, M.S.
Firearms Examiner
Office: 972-9412194| Email: dchristophe@plano.gov
Plano Police Department
909 E. 14th Street
Plano, TX 75074

Terence Wong

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »
Unfortunately we were unable to organize the Giants game as an official function. We are doing an Oakland A's game Tuesday night. Check out the friends and family page for info on that. http://www.afte.org/TrainingSeminar/AFTE2007/announcements/frfam.htm

If you're in town and want to go to the Giants game on Sunday, go to www.sfgiants.com and order tickets online. They do will-call; all you have to do is show them the credit card you ordered the tickets with. If you're a baseball fan and want a tour of the park (it is the best in baseball, according to me!), they also do tours during the week.

-Terence

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal