PUBLIC Forums > Headstamp Submissions

Unknown Headstamp

(1/3) > >>

David Wright:
Unknown headstamp...or lack thereof...

Jaimie Smith of the Kansas City MO PD Crime Lab recently received this 7.62x39mm caliber cartridge (FMJ, unknown grain weight) and was wondering if anyone has seen anything similar.

Thanks,

Richard Hitchcox:
Axel,

I don't know how to seach CartWinPro for information that isn't there (lack of a headstamp).  Is this in there? 

Richard

Dwight Deskins:
I googled up this thread which references Lake City making 7.62x39 with no headstamp and red sealant.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10848&sid=09eabba19ced83f6411f51a301179423

Three posts down in the discussion.........

"This round looks like the Lake City stuff produced for Camboda and clandestine purposes back about 1970 which had the standard Lake City shade of red PA seal with no headstamp."

Charles Clow:
Yes, I am checking the forums in Sweden.  It is a sickness.

The sealant looks orange in the photo.  Hansen comes to mind.  I don't remember them having markings on the head but that orange sealant is pretty distinctive.  I obviously don't have reference to check, but I know we have some if one of my Dallas folks could check.

Chärles

Bob Poole:
I remember from my "green suit" days that Lake City was involved in producing stuff like this for the reasons Dwight alludes to.  I think he's probably spot-on given the proximity of the seizure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version