collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 86
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86104
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: FREE Ethics in Forensic Science online training  (Read 13675 times)

Offline Richard Hitchcox

• (956) 565-7281
  • AFTE Member
FREE Ethics in Forensic Science online training
« on: July 17, 2009, 08:47:38 AM »
West Virginia University offers online forensic science training that is FREE under an NIJ grant to all public lab, public safety, and law enforcement employees.  This includes the class of Ethics in Forensic Science which meets the ASCLD/LAB requirement for ethics training.  I received an email from WVU this morning stating that the NIJ grant is still in effect.

Quote from: WVU email
Yes, all of our Forensic online courses are available under the NIJ grant to all public lab, public safety and law enforcement employees.  Here is a link for a list of all of the courses we offer http://elearn.wvu.edu/Continuing/Forensic_Science/index.html  (AFIS and Hair Evaluation are being updated, and will be temporarily unavailable)

Beginning today (7/17/09), Summer term registrations are closed.  All students who register will be enrolled into the Fall term and given access to courses on 8/1/09.  

If you have further questions, just let me know!

The link in the quote above provides a listing of the FREE online forensic training available through WVU.  

It seems that the Mountaineers are doing something that could be beneficial to many of us even if they can't seem to get it together on the football field.

Richard

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:51:35 AM by Richard Hitchcox »
1911 is faster than 911 ~ anonymous

Offline Bill Wheatley

• AFTE Friend
  • NRA Life Member
Re: FREE Ethics in Forensic Science online training
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »
Nice! Thanks for looking out Rich. Now on the college FB note...Jimmy S are you going to take that lying down :laugh:
(908) 797-6553
factsgroup@comcast.net
wwheatley@essexsheriff.com
 :tank:11B1PQ6

Offline Jim Stephenson

• Retired Ct. DESPP FA/TM Section
  • AFTE Member
  • Go Mountaineer's
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »
To Bill and Richard,

Yes WVU has a great program that everyone should look into and I'm sure the Mountaineer's will school the football world come September with their Masters Program in "How to Win at Football".  Jarrett Brown at QB will take over  where Pat White left off.

Jim
Jim Stephenson, BS
35 Laurel Crest Road
Madison, Ct.  06443
203-247-2625
jsstephenson@snet.net

Offline Richard Hitchcox

• (956) 565-7281
  • AFTE Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »
Aaron Fullerton of the Texas DPS Lubbock Crime Lab told me about another source of free online ethics training.  RTI International offers forensic training including ethics training.  I completed one of the ethics classes this morning while out sick with a cold.  It only took about one hour to complete, and I was able to print out a certificate documenting the training once I completed the module.  The classes offered are at the link provided below.

www.forensiced.org

Sorry Mountaineer and Fighting Irish fans, but Go Gators!!!

Richard
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:51:46 PM by Richard Hitchcox »
1911 is faster than 911 ~ anonymous

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal