collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86104
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Washoe County - Reno, NV Criminalist I - Firearms and Toolmark Examiner  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Washoe County

• AFTE Friend
Criminalist I ~ Firearms and Toolmark Examiner
Washoe County ~ Reno, Nevada
Annual Salary: $50,044 to $65,000

Washoe County located along the eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in western Nevada has a current vacancy for a Criminalist I ~ Firearms and Toolmark Examiner. 

Experience and Training Requirements:  Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Criminalistics, Physics, Pharmacology, or a closely related science and one year of full time experience in applying scientific laboratory techniques in the area of specialization; OR one year of experience equivalent to a Criminalist Trainee with Washoe County; OR five years of full time technical experience in applying scientific laboratory techniques; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is the second level in the Criminalist class series. Incumbents are expected to perform a wider range of professional laboratory analysis of physical evidence in a general or specialized field of Criminalistics under less supervision. It is distinguished from the Criminalist II position by the fact that incumbents in the Criminalist I class are not performing full journey level assignments.

The ideal candidate for the Firearms/Toolmark Examiner Criminalist would have a BS/BA degree, possess certification by the Association of Firearms and Toolmark Examiners (AFTE), have at least 5 years of experience as a Firearm and Toolmark Examiner and be familiar with the American Society of Crime Lab Directors – Laboratory Accrediting Board (ASCLD-LAB) criteria.

For more information and to apply online please visit our website http://careers.washoecounty.us/ .  Applicants are required to complete and submit a written essay exam, copy of College Transcripts along with an online application.  The filing deadline is Friday, February 12, 2010.

Margaret Brindzak
HR Analyst
(775) 328-6383
mbrindzak@washoecounty.us

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal