collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 74
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86103
  • stats Total Topics: 14747
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: The New 3 D Automatic Firearms Identification System  (Read 15814 times)

labcoptr

The New 3 D Automatic Firearms Identification System
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:00:32 AM »
Dear Colleagues,

Different automatic bullet and cartridge case identification systems have been developed by Firms, Scientific Research Institutions and Law Enforcement Agencies. All of the parties want to have efficient weapon against crime. The new alternative one of them is BALISTIKA. It has been developed by TUBITAK BILTEN with Turkish National Police and Turkish Gendarmerie.

I attached two Power Point presentation which were presented in ISTANBUL 2003 EAFS Firearms Experts Working Group Meeting.

If you have any question about system, please do not hesitate to contact with me or with contact person whose contact information at the end of the presentations.

With My Best Regards.

Teresa Rutherford

Re: The New 3 D Automatic Firearms Identification System
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »
If the 3D topography of the surface is attained, the geometry of the marks (which is independent to the illumination) is available. Through providing illumination independent features that can be used for automated matching, 3D data is much more reliable to make automated matching.

Offline Robert Thompson

• AFTE Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:19:25 AM »
Labcoptr,
The presentation is getting a little "long in the tooth" from 2003.  Does Balistika have anything else to send that would update any improvements?
I agree that the 3D basis for identification and automated comparisons hold future promise.
/Robert
/Robert T.

Offline Cole

• AFTE Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
I don't think he's on this forum anymore.  His profile at firearmsid.com is still active.
The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of anyone, anywhere, ever - including the author.

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal