collapse collapse

* Links

* Forum Menu

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2373
  • stats Total Posts: 86100
  • stats Total Topics: 14746
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 63
  • stats Most Online: 721

* Search

Author Topic: Glock manufacturing training  (Read 4254 times)

Online Omar Felix

• AFTE Member
Glock manufacturing training
« on: March 14, 2023, 06:59:12 PM »
Hi everyone!

For the last few years, I’ve been conducting free online training on Glock manufacturing. I cover a brief history of the company, the evolution of the different generations of pistols, and more importantly, the manufacturing process Glock uses (and used) to make its various pistols. The training is about 2 hours (with a short break) depending on questions and comments. Did I mention its also free  ;)

- My goal is to hold a class about once every six weeks or so depending on how many people sign up for a particular date. If I don’t get many people signing up for a certain day, we may just push it until a later date so hopefully, you’ll be flexible with your schedule.

- I will email you a certificate of training after the class if you need it for points or CEU.

- Even though I will be using Microsoft Teams which can hold a large number of participants, I will limit the class to about 20 - 30 people if I ever get that many for a particular day so it doesn’t get crazy. With that being said - it would make my life easy (and yours) if you want to arrange a large class with all the members of your unit and members of a few outside agencies too. If you want to take the lead and arrange a class for a large group for a particular date, email me, and let’s see what we can do. 

- I will be varying the times of the classes to accommodate for the east and west coasters. I’m on Mountain time so it may turn into a lunch and learn for some. *If you are overseas and you are interested in setting up a class, email me and we can figure out what time is best for your time zone.

So the first class will be on THURSDAY, APRIL 13th at 10 am Mountain. Just shoot me an email (ofelix@arapahoegov.com) with how you want your name on the certificate and I’ll put you on the list.

***I’ll post future dates on this thread so look out for that if you can’t make April 13th.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 11:32:24 AM by Omar Felix »
Unified Forensic Laboratory - Firearms Unit
8555 Double Helix Court, Englewood, CO 80112

Offline Hope Bruehl

• AFTE Member
Re: Glock manufacturing training
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 07:23:44 AM »
I highly recommend taking this!  Omar just did this for us here in NC last month and it was super helpful.  Thanks, again!

Offline Dana Quirindongo

• AFTE Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 08:32:31 AM »
I second Hope's comment. This was a very beneficial training that I learned a lot from. It was also nice that we were able to share this training with other agencies in our state.

Online Omar Felix

• AFTE Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 11:56:34 AM »
OK the April 13th class is full!!!

I will be posting a new class date here soon enough. If you've sent me an email already you're in. I'm still in the process of returning emails so if you haven't received one from me yet, stand by...

And thank you for the kind words guys!  :)

Online Omar Felix

• AFTE Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 06:21:57 PM »
Alrighty guys - next class will be on Wed. June 14th at 12pm Mountain. Shoot me an email if you want to join us - ofelix@arapahoegov.com.

If you were on the waiting list from the Apr. 13th class, I already reached out to you and you're signed up...so you're good to go  :-0

Online Omar Felix

• AFTE Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 05:26:46 PM »
FYI - I will be closing out the June 14th class in a few days and I have a few spots left so if you want to jump in, email me. If you can't make it, I'll be setting up another class here soon enough... :-0

Online Omar Felix

• AFTE Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 04:07:36 PM »
OK that was quick! The June 14th class is full...but again I'll be setting another one up in the near future. 

Offline Ian Bruce

• AFTE Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 10:01:47 PM »
This training is excellent.  Omar ran a course for us this morning via Teams (we are in Brisbane, Australia) and the information is invaluable, and it is very interesting.  Thank you Omar for taking the time to run the training. Great stuff.

Offline mbpersinger

• Morgan Persinger
  • AFTE Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2023, 07:11:30 AM »
Omar, do you have another class scheduled in the near future? Some of our trainees took the June 14 class and said it was so good, but it was full by the time I checked!
Morgan Persinger
Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Countdown Clock

* Recent Posts

* Headstamp Guide

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal